Thursday, April 19, 2012

Does Hope Exist?


Hiding behind the world in plain sight,
It has worked for a time.
Yet a darkness has erupted, grabbing hold now,
Spreading a melancholy sadness my way.

I am scared for what happens next,
Staying positive and prayer hasn’t worked.
Each step of the way, I think the best,
Yet the monster has always come forth.

The darkness drips and oozes tears of pain,
And strips away my hope.
Running seems to be instinct,
For reality is brutal to this fragile soul.

Looking back, remembering the unknown,
It used to be my friend, a loved one embraced.
Now it is the scariest thoughts,
Carrying fear and sorrow to its extreme.

Betrayal has reared its hideous face now,
It is so hard to stay strong as pity is glared,
To try and sympathize what they do not know.
Anger brews deep within, boiling to disdain.

There is light, it seems at times to be,
Shining a path to climb from the darkness.
Bodiless souls that lift, push and pull,
Thrusting away my suffering thoughts.

When all seems darkest, an escape is sent.
Beacons of lights, in the oddest of places.
Words of comfort, not meant for me,
Yet they sooth my tortured brain.

A realization has been made,
It all ends the same way, for all.
It is what we do with the little time given,
That will define who we are.

The next round is facing me square in the face
And hope has crawled out of that dingy hole,
Kicking away the ooze,
Restoring some long lost faith.

The fight is not over yet, it has only begun,
I will not give in to the pain and fear.
Creation is a miracle to be cherished,
From beginning to the brutal end. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope is hard to kill. And it gets us through so much of the pain of this life. Life is not for the weak. It will chew you up and spit you out. Cling tightly to hope, sometimes it is the only thing to get us through. When we lose hope, it is important to have friends that give that hope back to us.

    ReplyDelete