Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Katelyn!!!

Today is one of the best days of the year. January 15th is the day my lovely daughter was born. She turns 19 today. *sigh* Yes, I feel old now. There is SO much that I can say about this wonderful human being, but where to start is a daunting task. I can never express in words, how much I love her and how much she means to me. She started out so small, a mere 5lbs. 4oz. You were the tiniest one in the nursery, but you made your presence know, the nurses told us. You were the loudest. We giggled at the thought, a bit embarrassed, I suppose. But today, as I sit and think back to that glorious day, it fills me with pride and I pray you continue to do the same, from this day, to your last. Make yourself known Katelyn. Be proud of the lovely woman you have become, the lovely human being you have become. You amaze me with your strength to push through and try new things and how each time you come out on the other side stronger and a better person for it. I love you sweet, Katelyn. You are my pride and my joy and all that is good in my life. 

Yes, I could go on and on, but I won’t do that to everyone. My gift to you today Katelyn (I’m still working on the blanket) is the following poem. I wish you the happiest of birthdays Katelyn. I love you more than the earth and the moon and the stars, forever and ever and the day after that.


Oh Katelyn, My Katelyn,
I pray you seize the day.
Take hold of your future,
Do with it what you please.

You are young and bright,
Strong, brave and so true.
I envy you fondly,
There’s so much for you to do.

January 15, 1996
The best day of the year.
It was the day my heart grew,
Who knew.

You were early by a month,
To everyone’s surprise.
Every emotion took hold,
Love, joy, yes, even fear.

My heart overflows,
With ideas of your grandeur,
And pride in the greatness,
You already show.

Pride, I say,
With humility and grace,
Grace that G-d granted,
To your beautiful face.

I love you dear Katelyn,
My wonderful daughter.
Seize your future,
Oh Katelyn, My Katelyn























No comments:

Post a Comment